One of the nice things about Google search is the “I’m Feeling Lucky” option that allows you to go straight to a website Rather than loading the Google search page however, you can do this directly from the Chrome search / URL / omnibar.
1. Cut and paste the string below into the Chrome search / omni bar:chrome://settings/searchEngines?search=manage
2. Click on Add
3. In the Search engine field, give it a name (eg I’m feeling lucky)
4. In Keyword field give a shortcut keystroke (eg ifl)
5. In URL field paste http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=%s
6. Now whenever you want to go straight to a site (eg Vimeo), in the Chrome omnibar type ifl vimeo and like magic it will go straight to vimeo which gives a certain sense of search superpowerness …
Of course, Chrome is pretty good at predicting what site you want to go to based on recent activity so this hack is more useful for quickly going to sites you don’t visit often